Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Tree of Life in bronze & oak

Tree of Life wall plaque in bronze & oak

Our 'Tree of Life' wall plaque cold cast in bronze, aluminium or brass 
and set within a handcrafted solid oak wall plaque. 
From an original design by bod.

Ever since I first created this design as a wood carving, and then a hand-burnt design, I have been experimenting with different ways of creating an affordable 'sculpted' metal version. I tried several different ways hand-sculpting sheet metal, the material that I have made many pieces from, but couldn't get as much detail as I wanted.

Tree of Life in metal - prototype
Tree of Life in metal - prototype

Eventually I decided that the best way to go was to create an original sculpture, and then cast from that. After quite a bit more experimentation with different modelling materials, and casting recipes, I finally managed to create the 'Tree' you see now - available in three different cold cast metals: bronze, aluminium and brass.


Each one has been cast, finished and polished by hand, and then inset into an individually handcrafted solid oak frame.  


I hope you like the new tree!

Thanks for reading

bod

Justbod Team

Read more about the Tree of Life design, 
& the mythology and story behind it, in our article:

  
 To browse more of bod's designs, 
visit our main website:

Artwork, carvings & sculptures
~inspired by a love of history & nature~

www.justbod.co.uk
www.justbod.co.uk
 
 For regular updates on new products & discounts:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment